Enjoy afternoon tea in the beautiful muraled orangery
Enjoy London’s ‘Best Value Afternoon Tea’ (Daily Telegraph 2012) in our beautiful muraled orangery.
This unique garden room, with its beautifully detailed murals, exudes an enchanting atmosphere. Overlooking a ‘secret’ garden in the Japanese style, it offers the perfect space to unwind over one of our delicious teas, which have garnered much praise over the years. Afternoon tea comprises tea or coffee with a scone, cream & jam, and a selection of freshly-baked cakes, all for just £8.00 per person, plus museum admission charges.
Availability & Booking
For bookings and enquiries please call us on 020 8305 1441 or email email@example.com. On weekends it is advisable to phone rather than email as emails are not checked out of office hours (Mon-Fri 9.30am-5pm)
Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays:
Please note: The Orangery will be open for walk-ins (no reservations) on Bank Holiday Monday 02 May, 12.00 – 4.00pm.
Tuesdays & Sundays:
Afternoon Tea is served at set sittings: 13:45hrs, 14:15hrs, 15:15hrs & 15:45hrs (booking essential).
Maximum party size 8 people (for larger groups please refer to the information regarding Private Hire).
The Orangery is fully booked every Sunday until 29 May 2016.
Fridays & Saturdays:
Open between 12.30hrs & 16:30hrs (no bookings taken, last sitting at 16:00hrs)
The Orangery will be closed on the following dates:
Saturday 14 May
Friday 20 May
Saturday 21 May
Saturday 28 May
Saturday 04 June
- Refreshments are only available to museum visitors. There is an additional charge for admission to the museum
- Maximum table booking on Tuesday and Sunday is 8 guests. If your party exceeds 8, please email the museum to discuss alternative arrangements.
- Guests are kindly asked to vacate their table after 75 minutes to allow staff to reset for the next sitting
- The Orangery is not open at any other times than those stated above except by prior arrangement
- On occasion the Orangery will be closed to the public on Fridays or Saturdays for private functions, please check ahead of your visit to avoid disappointment
In this section
Museum Opening Times
Tuesday - Saturday
11am - 5pm
12pm - 5pm
Bank Holiday Monday 02 May
11am - 5pm
Thursday 05 May
11am - 3.30pm
12 Crooms Hill, Greenwich,
London SE10 8ER