Enjoy afternoon tea in the beautiful muraled orangery
Enjoy London’s ‘Best Value Afternoon Tea’ (Daily Telegraph 2012) in our beautiful muraled orangery.
This unique garden room, with its beautifully detailed murals, exudes an enchanting atmosphere. Overlooking a ‘secret’ garden in the Japanese style, it offers the perfect space to unwind over one of our delicious teas, which have garnered much praise over the years.
Availability & Booking
For bookings and enquiries please call us on 020 8305 1441 or email email@example.com. On weekends it is advisable to phone rather than email as emails are not checked out of office hours (Mon-Fri 9.30am-5.00pm).
Please see below for details of the Afternoon Tea menu.
Afternoon Tea Service
Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays:
Tuesdays & Sundays:
Afternoon Tea is served at set sittings: 13:45hrs, 14:15hrs, 15:15hrs & 15:45hrs (booking essential).
Maximum party size 8 people (for larger groups or events such as baby showers, parties or receptions please refer to the information regarding Private Hire).
Fridays & Saturdays:
Open between 12.30hrs & 16:30hrs (no bookings taken, last sitting at 16:00hrs)
Please be advised that on Fridays and Saturdays the museum operates a walk-in service (no reservations) and we cannot guarantee the availability of tables or all products.
Afternoon Tea Menu
£8.00 per person + museum admission
Available Tuesdays & Sundays (reservations) and most Fridays & Saturdays (walk-in service)
Pot of tea/cafetiere of coffee
A choice of lemon drizzle cake or salted caramel brownie
Scone with clotted cream & jam
Please contact the museum in advance of your visit to discuss any allergies or intolerances.
- Refreshments are only available to museum visitors. There is an additional charge for admission to the museum
- Maximum table booking on Tuesday and Sunday is 8 guests. If your party exceeds 8, please email the museum to discuss alternative arrangements.
- Guests are kindly asked to vacate their table after 75 minutes to allow staff to reset for the next sitting
- The Orangery is not open at any other times than those stated above except by prior arrangement
- On occasion the Orangery will be closed to the public on Fridays or Saturdays for private functions, please check ahead of your visit to avoid disappointment
In this section
Museum Opening Times
Tuesday - Saturday
11am - 5pm
12pm - 5pm
12 Crooms Hill, Greenwich,
London SE10 8ER