An unrivalled space in which to enjoy intimate receptions, afternoon tea or corporate meetings
The combination of its convenient location, lovingly restored early Georgian listed town Houses with their gracious architecture, and the remarkable Orangery, provides the perfect setting for smaller functions and special occasions
The Orangery is decorated with a mural by Jane Barraclough which gives the room a wonderful atmosphere. It overlooks what is surely one of the most unexpected and unusual gardens in South London with its paved parterre and fan shaped flower beds, its pond, stream and architectural features and plantings in the Japanese manner. Unfortunately, due to council-imposed restrictions, The Fan Museum cannot offer guests use of the garden or surrounding outside space.
Small receptions, birthday parties or baby/bridal showers can be held in the Orangery, with refreshments ranging from afternoon tea to catered meals.
Conferences & Filming
The Orangery is available for corporate hospitality events, photo shoots, lectures, and filming.
The Orangery creates a perfect atmosphere for intimate wedding and civil partnership celebrations.
For more information or to obtain a booking form please contact the museum on 020 8305 1441 or email email@example.com.
Unfortunately, due to high demand, the museum is unable to accept further enquiries for private hire until October 2016.
Terms & Conditions:
- Non museum-related groups/events (such as baby & bridal showers, birthday parties, receptions or commercial photoshoots) are able hire the Orangery for exclusive use
- The Orangery must be hired for a minimum of two hours
- Unfortunately, the Orangery is not licensed to open outside of museum hours (11.00 – 5.00pm) and is not licensed to sell alcohol on the premises (corkage is available)
- The Orangery is available for private functions on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays (depending on availability)
- Maximum capacity for a seated event is 32 people
- Music and dancing are not permitted in the Orangery due to planning restrictions
- Visitors are not permitted to enter the museum’s garden due to planning restrictions enforced by Greenwich Council
In this section
Museum Opening Times
Tuesday - Saturday
11am - 5pm
12pm - 5pm
12 Crooms Hill, Greenwich,
London SE10 8ER